- No violence, weapons or aggressive behavior – We understand that you might have a machete or other object that might be considered a weapon. Those items need to be checked in at the front desk for safe keeping. Aggressive behavior can be verbal or physical, both of which are not allowed.
- No drugs, alcohol, marijuana on our property or neighboring properties – We work hard to be good neighbors. Using any substance on our property or neighboring properties creates challenges for us in our quest to help improve our neighborhood. Please help us show our neighbors how much we care.
- Help clean up – We are staffed mostly by volunteers. They are here to serve YOU, our clients because they care. Please show that you care by cleaning up 1.) after yourself and 2.) after someone who doesn’t clean up after themselves.
- Create a positive community image – This standard is addressing the image of the homeless community in the general public eye. Clean up your campsite, don’t hang out in large groups at the car wash, in front of the 7-11, etc. Don’t take shopping carts. DO show kindness to the community as a whole. Help your neighborhood, return shopping carts (or alert the Devereux Center so we can help), report a crime.
- Do not stay on property after dark – We do NOT allow anyone on the property after dark, PERIOD! The one exception is when the warming center is open. If you are caught on the property after dark, you will be subject to our trespass policy. We do not want to trespass people from the services that we KNOW you need but we have to make sure that we are abiding by the rules that we have to follow based on the city, county and state requirements.